Guide to Fill the Customs FormShaista Saiyed
The Customs Clearance Process
Customs are going to decide if the item you are sending is liable for any extra charges and tax which you may not know about as a first-timer. The shipping process is the integration of so many processes and some of them require the custom document to get customs clearance.
When Courier to Canada you need to fill customs fees otherwise the receiver will be liable to them. Before applying with any international courier service in Mumbai make sure you are clear about everything regarding the customs process so you do not incur any extra charge.
Here is Parcel Chief quick guide on what’s going to happen when you go to any Canada courier service:
- The first part of the booking process will ask you to fill the declaration form in which you need to declare what are your shipping and why.
- Then the Parcel Chief will help you to print the customs paperwork accordingly.
- When your courier to Canada reach the desired location the carrier will need to provide those forms to the customs officials. After that, the official will assess your shipment if everything goes fine customs will clear your courier. According to the norm, the receiver of the parcel is liable for the duty charges and tax.
- Then the receiver will be contacted and he/she needs to pay the custom (if any) and then they can get the parcel delivered at their door step.
- With Parcel Chief you can pay those charges yourself if you don’t want the receiver to pay those charges. In case you are going to any other international courier service in Mumbai you need to clear it with them.
Creating Customs Clearance Paperwork
Paperwork is the important part when sending a courier to Canada, Parcel Chief is here with the information about the customs clearance paperwork:
The custom paperwork will ask you to fill the following details:
- List of the items in the shipment.
- Value of each and every item in the shipment
- The reason you are exporting the item.
- The reason for making a courier can include personal, gift or business samples.
Parcel Chief will help you in customs clearance paperwork by just a simple form, other than that we will help you in taking out prints and attachment on the shipment.
In case you for other Canada courier service we advise you take out five copies of the invoice- as two copies will be attached to the parcel, the remaining three will be given to the courier collecting your shipment.
Tracking Your Shipment through Customs
With Parcel Chief you can check the progress of your shipment, all you need is the desktop or mobile phone and we will provide you a tracking number with which you can keep an eye on your courier to Canada.
In case the shipment is stuck in any of the custom clearance processes you can check it on the tracking status. Parcel Chief takes our customer satisfaction very seriously in case of any query you can call our customer support team (+91 969-969-9048) to get a brief on any situation.